“Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.” So reads Rowena Ravenclaw’s diadem… but let’s be honest: there are some other great treasures out there too. While Ravenclaws prize knowledge and insight, they can also appreciate a great gift, especially when it comes in Ravenclaw colors or with their house crest. That’s where this Ravenclaw gift guide comes in handy!
For this, the final of my Hogwarts house gift guide series (here’s Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin), I’m excited to end with Ravenclaw. It may be the least represented of all houses in the movies, but we have a good idea of what makes Ravenclaw great from the books. And Ravenclaws are rightly proud of what makes their house special: wisdom, creativity, and intelligence.
With those traits in mind, here’s my Ravenclaw gift guide. I’m confident you can find something on it for yourself (if you’re smart enough to buy your own presents and ensure you get what you want) or the Ravenclaw you love.
Goods for Your Own Ravenclaw Common Room
From that peek into the Ravenclaw common room that we got in Deathly Hallows, I’m pretty sure every other house is a bit jealous now. The Ravenclaw common room is homey but beautiful – and these Ravenclaw decor and design pieces will help your muggle home feel the same way.
- It’s no Goblet of Fire, but this fantastic Ravenclaw goblet is perfect for whatever potion you’re craving.
- This banner is perfect for adding a subtle but clear message about why Ravenclaw house is the best.
- If you need to head out to explore the Hogwarts grounds and want to stay wisely hydrated, this sparkly Ravenclaw tumbler is perfect.
- Snuggle up with a good book (how Ravenclaw of you) in this gorgeous tapestry blanket.
- You may not have an eagle head door knocker, but this coffee mug – which poses the ultimate question, “which came first, the Phoenix or the flame?” – is perfect for morning tea.
- For another option, pour your hot butterbeer in this cool Ravenclaw cauldron mug.
- I couldn’t find this for all of the other houses I made gift guides for, so you lucky Ravenclaws get the coolest stuff: a house dish set.
- Last but not least, no homey place is complete without a candle; this House of the Wise candle has hints of blackberry, amber, and cleverness – of course!
For a few more ideas, this insulated Ravenclaw tumbler will let you take hot butterbeer to go, this knit Ravenclaw pillow is super snuggle-worthy, and this beautiful cross-stitch art will remind the world about your best, most Ravenclaw trains.
Books Worthy of the Hogwarts Library
Nothing beats the Hogwarts library, but every Ravenclaw undoubtedly has a good library at home too. If yours isn’t quite (or ever) complete, here are some additions to consider:
- If you already have a set of the Harry Potter books that you love, these Ravenclaw print book jackets will give them a new look on the shelf.
- All Ravenclaws must keep track of notes, so this Ravenclaw pen is mightier than the sword (or wand).
- Never lose your place in an important book with this cool Ravenclaw bookmark.
- If you’re wise enough to know one can never truly know oneself, this Ravenclaw prompt journal is a good addition to your library.
- And for all your other brilliant ideas, mark them down in this Ravenclaw notebook.
- Lastly, for those Slytherins you really love, the 20th Anniversary Slytherin Editions of the original series are gorgeous – and a splurge:
For some reason, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows aren’t available yet, so I’ll add those to this Slytherin gift guide once they are!
Clothes to Build a Ravenclaw Wardrobe
Ravenclaw has been seriously unrepresented on the silver screen; Gryffindor and Slytherin are the main protagonists and antagonists in the HP series, and Newt Scamander reps Hufflepuff in Fantastic Beasts. But never fear: there are tons of cool Ravenclaw clothes to add to your wardrobe. Of course you need a set of Ravenclaw robes, but here are some other options too:
- It must be hard to choose prefects in Ravenclaw house, especially with the benefit of that bathroom. Bring a bit of it into your own home with this Ravenclaw robe.
- My mom might be a Ravenclaw: she always said it was smart to keep your head warm! This Ravenclaw beanie is the best way.
- This Ravenclaw sweater is perfect for holiday parties and just staying warm near the common room fire.
- For any times when you head outdoors instead of to the library, keep cozy with a classic Ravenclaw house scarf.
- You can’t go wrong with this classic Ravenclaw crest tee.
- For more formal occasions, this Ravenclaw-colored tie is mandatory.
- Last but not least, Ravenclaws are smart, so I know you’ll be pro-mask wearing – and this fantastic eagle design is perfect.
For more options, try this tee has the Ravenclaw traits on it (to remind everyone you meet what makes you great), this great set of Ravenclaw socks, accessorize with these bronze and blue headbands, stay warm with this Ravenclaw infinity scarf, and lastly use this other Ravenclaw face mask as a back-up.
Ravenclaw Jewelry Worth the Galleons
Everyone loves bling, and I’d like to think that Ravenclaws are no exception – Rowena was the only founder to wear jewelry! Here are some beautiful (and one funky) Ravenclaw jewelry options that are also a wise investment.
- First, of course, the diadem. This Ravenclaw diadem necklace is a beautiful statement piece for any wardrobe.
- Gentlemen Ravenclaws will love these crest cufflinks to add a subtle pop to formal occasions.
- This set of Ravenclaw bangle bracelets is a fun everyday accessory.
- While Hermione uses the Time Turner in Prisoner of Azkaban, I’m pretty sure every Ravenclaw secretly wants one to attend extra classes. This Time Turner necklace is another gorgeous piece.
- Lastly, we haven’t mentioned her yet, but Luna is her own style of Ravenclaw – and these dirigible plum-inspired earrings are the best way to rep her.
Other Goodies & Gifts Ravenclaw will Love
For everything that doesn’t fit elsewhere in this Ravenclaw gift guide, I love to include this last section. As you can see, there are some awesome options in case you haven’t yet seen something you love.
- This diadem replica is covetous; it’s no surprise that Riddle and Harry both wanted one – and they’re not even Ravenclaws with a claim to it!
- Sign all your owl post with this Ravenclaw wax seal set.
- You can also adorn anything with this Ravenclaw crest patch.
- For those Ravenclaws who use a hand-bag, this one is part of a set (for each house).
- Luna fans will definitely need a pair of spectrespecs!
- And every Ravenclaw can use a bookbag to carry all those textbooks around.
- Lastly, this cute small Ravenclaw purse is a fun addition to any outfit.
I also don’t have it in the photo, but smart Ravenclaws can keep their smartphone looking great in this Ravenclaw phone case.
What did I miss: are there any other items you’d put on your Ravenclaw gift guide? Let me know in the comments!