Our pets hold a special place to us: they provide companionship and love, and once they’ve come into our families, we can hardly imagine life without them. Even when they are messy or tear up the furniture or toys or leave hair everywhere, we always love ’em!
This is true in the Wizarding world too. In the Harry Potter series, we read stories time and again about pet owners who care deeply about their pets. Even sometimes when their pets cause problems!
“Ah, well, people can be stupid abou’ their pets,” said Hagrid wisely. Behind him, Buckbeak spat a few ferret bones onto Hagrid’s pillow.Prisoner of Azkaban
So whether you’re a Hedwig (owl), Crookshanks (cat), Scabbers (rat), Fang (dog), or even a Trevor (toad) pet owner, you’re sure to find something on this list as a treat for your pet (or you). Read on to discover the best Harry Potter pet gifts out there for your favorite furry family member.
Harry Potter Pet Gifts for Any Animal
Some gifts work for basically any pet you might have, whether that’s a cat, dog, or particularly adventurous lizard. These also work great as a gift for other pet-owning Harry Potter fans since they’re more generic!
- If your pet will tolerate it, this pet scarf comes in your (or your pet’s) house colors.
- Even more tolerant four-legged friends will love this Harry Potter pet costume that’s reminiscent of Hogwarts robes. It comes in four sizes so you can choose the one that will fit comfortably. (I also found this cute one but it’s not currently available, so bookmark it!)
- If your pet isn’t going to put up with scarves and other costumes, no worries: you can give them a standard collar and leash – in Harry Potter print!
- This pet bowl is printed with the perfect word to help keep your best friends well-hydrated: Aguamenti! It also comes in two sizes, depending on the size of your pet… or how many heads it has!
Harry Potter Dog Gifts
There are so many dog people in the world, but there are really only three dogs in the Wizarding world: Fang, Fluffy, and of course, Sirius! Nevertheless, there are tons of great Harry Potter-themed dog gifts for all you dog people in the world.
- There are a number of cool collars to choose for your personal Fluffy – or maybe you buy them all, even if they only have one head. You could choose this one designed with Spectrespecs to help them open their mind to obey your commands…
- Or this one printed with the well-known expression “I Solemnly Swear I am Up to No Good.” Even the best-behaved doggos have moments when this applies to them!
- You may prefer to harness your pooch instead. This “Pawgwarts” mesh dog harness has a pup’s Potter design on it, and comes with a matching leash.
- All pups need a dog tag too, so other humans know who they are and who their humans are too. This one comes with a golden snitch and your pup’s name on the front (plus your details on the back), whereas…
- This one reveals the secret that all dogs believe. They’re secretly an Animagus but dog life is just better, or…
- This one, which advises humans to ‘Call my Witch/Wizard’ if they get lost. Almost as helpful as the Marauder’s Map in helping you find a pup who’s gone on their own adventure.
- I also know some pets love a good accessory, and bandanas are the way to go. I found these ones, printed with each Hogwarts house crest in a pattern, or…
- These ones, which have clever pup puns like “Hufflepup” and “Ravenpaw.” (They have the other two houses too, as well as one that says “Mischief Managed.”)
I did look for good dog chew toys in Harry Potter themes, but wasn’t able to find any that seemed safe for dogs who love to destroy toys – which we all know is most of them!
Harry Potter Cat Gifts
If you’re more of a cat person (like me!), never fear. You aren’t forgotten! There are some great Harry Potter-themed cat gifts to treat your favorite fluffy feline.
- Cats need collars too! Even if it’s only to know where they are as they sneak around the house! This one from Made by Cleo comes in two sizes (kitten and cat) but only one color scheme, so it’s perfect for you Gryffindors.
- For more adventurous cats who need a harness to partake in outdoor adventures, consider this Marauder’s Map cat harness that will keep your cat safe while they manage some mischief.
- Because cats don’t literally try to eat every toy they get (can you tell I think cats are superior?!), there are some great cat toy options, including this golden snitch that kitties will love (and which helps sponsor a shelter cat)…
- These personalize-able cat kicker toys that say “Gryffurdor” and “Slytherhiss” as well as your cat’s name, or…
- These hand-sewn catnip toys in the shape of the snitch and the Deathly Hallows. Your cat will definitely covet them!
- Lastly, because cats love to look dapper too, you can try to convince your Crookshanks to wear one of these bows that come in the four Hogwarts house colors.
Harry Potter Bird Gifts
I was a little bit surprised not to find more Harry Potter pet gifts for bird owners out there since owls are such an important part of the Wizarding world. But it’s probably because we don’t have owls as pets as muggles that there aren’t as many good bird gifts!
- I did find this one custom Harry Potter bird feeder though (#19), which is a start. Bring on the own treats!
Harry Potter Gifts for You – the Pet Owner
Finally, in my search for the best Harry Potter pet gifts out there, I found a few that were not strictly for the pets themselves, but rather for us – the humans who love them!
- This one might be my favorite on the whole list: a formal portrait of your pet as a Hogwarts student – not even Hogwarts students get those! Choose the size and robe colors to match your pet’s house, and you’ll have a beautiful piece of art to appreciate forever more!
- I also found this custom artwork of you and your pet looking at Hogwarts; you can add a number of pets, making it even more personalized for your furry family.
- Here’s a similar style of custom art with you and your pet looking at Hogwarts, but it’s printed on a coffee mug instead.
- Lastly, this incredible artist on Etsy makes hand-stitched custom art of your pet and a Harry Potter phrase. You know I love the one that reads “Why Couldn’t it be Follow the Butterflies?” They can also do any pet – so not exclusive to cats or dogs!
There you have it – over twenty of the best Harry Potter pet gifts out there (including a few for us humans). Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!