I’ll be honest: if there was a Quikspell course for cooking, I’d need it. I’m a total Squib when it comes to making meals – luckily married a wizard in the kitchen. That said, I know that the kitchen is a cornerstone of the house, and you may be better at whipping up meals than I am. Having a magical place to work on those incredible meals is an important part of any home.
If you want your own equivalent of Molly Weasley’s kitchen where you too can whip up magical flavors to wow your friends, read on. Below you’ll find options to decorate a Harry Potter kitchen, all the kitchen instruments you need, serving dishes, and more.
This post was originally published in July 2021, and was updated most recently in August 2023.
Harry Potter Kitchen Decor
There are so many things to take into account when designing your own Harry Potter kitchen. So, let’s better start this fun process by deciding on the tiny details that will ensure your kitchen has the Harry Potter vibe all over.
- This Ceramic Owl Utensil Holder not only adds Hogwarts style to your kitchen but also delivers good functionality, fitting up to 10 kitchen utensils.
- Feel like one of The Marauders while enjoying your tea with this cool Harry Potter Marauder’s Map Ceramic Teapot; it features an authentically detailed “painting” of the magical document.
- Your Harry Potter kitchen wouldn’t be complete without this beautiful Hedwig Cookie Jar. This sculptural cookie jar is so amazing that it will look as if Hedwig were actually sitting in your kitchen.
- This funny Dobby tea towel would go great with the Marauder’s Map Ceramic Teapot.
- This watercolor print of the Burrow is the perfect artwork to hang on your kitchen wall and celebrate Harry’s second home.
Harry Potter Kitchen Utensils
Now that you’ve already picked the decor pieces for your kitchen, it’s time to find the wizard utensils you’ll use to prepare those magical meals every day.
- If you like making treacle tarts or Mrs. Weasley’s famous fruitcakes, William Sonoma has the perfect Hogwarts spatula for you (it would look amazing in the owl utensil holder, too!)
- If you want to add a Potions classroom theme to your Harry Potter-inspired kitchen, then you have to check this Harry Potter ceramic cauldron cookie jar.
- This cutting board is perfect if you want everyone to know whose kitchen they’re in – and how good the meal will be.
- If you’re not a Gryffindor but still want a spatula set, this 6-Piece Organic Wooden Spoon Set is a good option. Made of bamboo, this set ensures all cooking wizards have the tools to conjure up magical dishes.
Harry Potter Baking & Cooking Items
Food is a huge part of the Wizarding World. Who wouldn’t love to attend those Welcoming Feast each year! If you want to cook Hogwarts delicious recipes, then you’ll need these baking and cooking items in your Harry Potter-designed kitchen.
- Remember the treacle tarts you made with all those spatulas? Well, these Honeydukes oven mitts and potholders are what you need to take sweet treats out of the oven.
- For another potholder option, JustJoAndCo offers a set of two. They come in different designs, featuring the images of the Daily Prophet, emblems of the Hogwarts houses, and the Marauder’s Map.
- This KitchenAid stand mixer decal is another great item for your Harry Potter kitchen; it comes with four black stickers: two “potions master” and “two cauldrons” so you can decorate both sides.
- To keep your family heirloom recipes safe, get this wooden recipe box; it has one of the films’ most iconic quotes, and can be personalized with your family name.
Harry Potter Dining Sets & Dishes
You already have the utensils and cooking items. The only thing missing is the dining sets to present your magical creations. Luckily, there are a TON of choices!
- The Robe Factory has this gorgeous 16-piece Harry Potter dinnerware set. All pieces feature gorgeous designs inspired by the Wizarding World.
- This four-piece Harry Potter Marauder’s Map-themed set is so beautiful that you’ll want to display it instead of serving your meals on it.
- This 16-piece dinner set also comes with the Dark Mark design, which makes it the perfect complement to the Voldemort serving platter mentioned above.
- If you like the cookie cutters, you’ll definitely enjoy these House crest tumblers designed with the Hogwarts houses crests, too!
- Wine lovers can enjoy their favorite bottle of Madam Rosmerta’s oak-matured mead in these Harry Potter-themed wine glasses. This delicate set of four comes with the most popular symbols and designs in gold.
- You can throw a magical tea party with this fancy Marauders Map 10-Piece Porcelain Tea Set.
- To start the day like a true wizard, take a look at these lovely Harry Potter coffee mugs.
- Get this awesome Harry Potter cauldron soup mug and feel like Hermione making the Polyjuice potion (although we hope your soup won’t make you look like a cat afterward!).
Other Dining Necessities
- Stir your morning coffee with these lovely spoons; each one comes stamped with an HP quote, but you can personalize them with the phrase that you want, too.
- Don’t lose track of what’s happening in Hogwarts nooks and hallways with this Marauder’s Map coaster set.
- This unofficial magnetic salt and pepper owl shakers set is perfect for spicing up any recipe.
- If the previous dinnerware sets were too soft for you, then this porcelain serving platter featuring the dark mark from Voldemort’s Death Eaters is for you. (It also matches the Dark Mark dining set above!)
- These Marauder’s Match placemats are a subtle yet great addition to your Harry Potter kitchen.
Other Harry Potter Kitchen Accessories
If you still need more options to create your dreamed Harry Potter kitchen, check these accessories.
- For the neat wizards out there, these Harry Potter ceramic storage jars are great to store the herbs and spices that add flavor to your dishes.
- If you’re a coffee-lover, you can delight (and protect) your palate with this Defense Against Dark Arts espresso blend.
- Keep your clothes clean and have fun cooking with this Harry Potter apron that has the “If You Don’t Get My Wizard References Then There is Something Siriusly Ron with You” phrase printed.
- When summer arrives, take out these surprisingly detailed Hogwarts castle ice molds to freshen up your drink.
- Most Potterheads own at least one HP magnet, but this one is special. This Harry Potter dishwasher magnet not only has a beautiful engraving but also alerts you if the dishes are clean or dirty in a clever way using two of Hogwart’s better-known houses!
Which of these magical Harry Potter kitchen goodies will you be adding to your own version of the Hogwarts kitchen? Let me know in the comments!