At Hogwarts, Harry Potter never really feels home until he steps into his Gryffindor dorm room with its familiar four-poster beds. It’s the place he goes to escape when the stresses of class and fellow students whispering rumors and Oliver Wood’s intense Quidditch practice schedule and detentions with Dolores all get to be too much. While we never get to see inside any of the other Hogwarts house dorms, I’d like to think they’re equally comforting – and comfy. Witches and wizards need good rest to learn all that magic, after all!
If you want to recreate that in your own dorm – I mean, bedroom –, this list will help. I’ve scoured the Muggle internet to find the best bedding, lighting, and decorations to create a magical Harry Potter bedroom in your personal Hogwarts – I mean, home. Get ready to be inspired to redecorate!
Harry Potter Sheets & Pillowcases
When it comes to designing your perfect Harry Potter bedroom, there’s literally no more important foundation than the place where you lay your head each night. These designed sheet sets and pillowcases will ensure you wake up magically rested each and every day.
- The designer Jay Franco has a ton of beautiful sheet sets in various designs from the Wizarding World; these Hogwarts ones are subtle but very cool. Buy on Amazon
- Pottery Barn Teen also has some gorgeous official Harry Potter sheet sets – it’s almost hard to choose just one to recommend! I love the “Enchanted Night Sky” set which features owls, moons, and stars, and feels like that very first night when we all toasted “The Boy Who Lived.” Buy on PB Teen
- If you want just one pillowcase to add a pop of magic to your bedroom, how about this howler pillowcase? No promises that you’ll sleep restfully when dreaming of Neville’s Gran yelling all night! Buy on Amazon
- Here’s another pillowcase option; these bold, colorful sets from Jay Franco come in a set and are available for each Hogwarts house. (They also glow in the dark!!) Buy on Amazon
Other Harry Potter Bedding
Once you’ve sorted your sheets and pillowcases to swaddle yourself each night, the next step of designing a magical Harry Potter bedroom is to choose your other bedding. Here are some great options.
- If you loved that Enchanted Night Sky sheet set above, there’s more to love: it comes in as a duvet cover and sham from PB Teen too! Buy on PB Teen
- PB Teen also has a few other bedding items you might want to consider – or add to your bedroom decor. If you could take Dumbledore’s magical robes and turn them into a quilt, it would be this velvet sham adorned with stars and moons. So magical! Buy on PB Teen
- You may have noticed another duvet in those PB Teen photos; it’s this burgundy Patronus duvet cover and sham. It turns your bed into the equivalent of Harry’s favorite squashy armchair by the Gryffindor Common Room fire! Buy on PB Teen
- If your bedroom style is more in line with those Jay Franco sheets I shared above, here’s the matching Hogwarts duvet to complete the look. Buy on Amazon
- The options so far have all been pretty chill like a calming draught; if you prefer bold designs, this “Always” bedding set is a good option with a deep meaning. Buy on Amazon
- For yet another option, this Daily Prophet set is one of many offered by this brand on Amazon. (To be honest, I’m not sure they’re an authorized HP retailer, but the prices are much more reasonable!) Buy on Amazon
For even more options, Jay Franco has a ton of other designs, styles, colors… you name it! You can deck out your entire room in Slytherin green (a la R.A.B.) or create your own tranquil Ravenclaw bedroom. Browse the full set on Amazon.
Extra Harry Potter Blankets
In your dream Harry Potter bedroom, you may want to have an extra throw blanket. For snuggling up on Saturday mornings to read in bed, or to cozy up in an armchair on a rainy day – throw blankets are one of those things that really pull a room together.
- I included tapestry throws on each of my Hogwarts house gift guides, and they work perfectly if you want something to represent your true nature: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin
- If you like this tapestry style, there are also options designed with the Hogwarts crest and the cover of the Marauder’s Map
- For a softer touch, this Marauder’s Map microplush throw is super cozy and comes in several sizes to you can use it as bedding too if you want. Buy on Amazon
- Here’s another microplush throw, this one is also channeling Dumbledore’s style with stars on a deep navy field. Buy on Amazon
- If you prefer a quilt to add a more homey touch to your Harry Potter bedroom, this one from Soul & Lane will almost seem like it was magically made by Molly Weasley. Buy on Amazon
- Finally, here’s an option for the artistic Luna types: this fleece throw features a series of hand-drawn images from the Wizarding world, including a Time Turner and a golden snitch. Buy on Etsy
Harry Potter Throw Pillows
Along with throw blankets, throw pillows can pull a room together. Here are some options for final punctuation on your cozy Harry Potter bedding situation:
- This four-piece unofficial throw pillow set is iconic and adds a subtle pop of color to your well-designed Harry Potter bedroom. Buy on Amazon
- While this pillow isn’t strictly Harry Potter-related, you’ll see why I included it if you click through… We’ve all been there! Buy on Amazon
- The final piece for your PB Teen dream HP bedroom is this gorgeous Expecto Patronum throw pillow. If you’ve already splurged on the rest of the set, this one’s a must! Buy on PB Teen
I also have a ton of other pillows from my Hogwarts house gift guides, too:
- For Gryffindors, I found this square Gryffindor pillow and this cool patterned rectangular pillow.
- Hufflepuffs will love this cute badger blanket.
- For Ravenclaws, this knit Ravenclaw pillow is a great addition to your bedroom.
- Slytherins will love this pillow that’s a more subtle pattern or this one that’s boldly proud Slytherin.
It’s easy to go overboard on throw pillows though – so don’t go too crazy!
Harry Potter Night Lights
If you’re designing this Harry Potter bedroom for a kiddo, you might want to add a night light for some extra illumination in the dark. (Or if you just don’t want to stub your toe on a nighttime bathroom run as an adult!) Here are some of the best ones I found:
- This bright Hogwarts LED nightlight sits on a tabletop and can be set in 16 different colors. Buy on Amazon
- I also found this cool LED Patronus nightlight, which is a more subtle option. Buy on Oldies.com
- For a less traditional option, these PB Teen Golden Snitch string lights will add a beautiful touch of golden light each night. Buy on PB Teen
If you can believe it, I didn’t find any great traditional nightlights (the ones that plug right into the socket), so if you know of one, let me know.
Harry Potter Table Lamps
Speaking of lights, don’t forget to add a table lamp on your nightstand to complete the look of your Harry Potter bedroom. There are a bunch of different options – including one hand-made stunner featuring the Tale of the Three Brothers.
- Are you surprised that PB Teen has yet another great option for your dream HP bedroom? This Golden Snitch lamp is steampunk and gorgeous. Buy on PB Teen
- Not to be outdone, this Hogwarts lamp from PB Teen is possibly the most stunning lamp base I’ve ever seen. Buy on PB Teen
- This Triwizard Cup lamp won’t provide much illumination but is a really cool piece even when it’s not lit up. Buy on Amazon
- The first of two Deathly Hallows lamps I found, this triangular one is perfect for reading a few more chapters before bed… Buy on Amazon
- Lastly, this Deathly Hallows lamp features the Tale of the Three Brothers and is honestly a work of art. Don’t sleep on this one – it’s handmade and will surely sell out. Buy on Etsy
Other Harry Potter Bedroom Accessories
Still need other finishing touches to create a complete Harry Potter bedroom? Don’t worry – I get it. Every detail has to be perfect, and these final bedroom decor items and accessories will pull it all together.
- I love a good pinboard for keeping photos and notes tidy (my parents built me three huge panels on a wall of my bedroom growing up because I pinned up so much!); this gilded Hogwarts pinboard from PB Teen is a beautiful splurge. Buy on PB Teen
- Whether you’re more Sirius (Gryffindor) or Regulus (Slytherin), these Hogwarts house banners will represent your house with pride. Buy on Amazon
- What does your heart desire? This gorgeous standing Mirror of Erised is an investment piece but honestly breathtaking in any room. Buy on PB Teen
- Another option for wall decor? Decals! These ones come in a couple of different bundle options but are mostly for you Gryffindors out there. Buy on Amazon
- Don’t let dirty laundry spoil your perfect HP bedroom – this Hogwarts crest laundry hamper will keep everything tidy. Buy on Amazon
- With no Time Turner to keep track of things, this laser-cut wooden wall clock will help keep you on schedule for classes and Quidditch practice. Buy on Esty
- Lastly, for younger kiddos, having a cool 3D-printed name in the iconic HP font is a perfect little decoration. Buy on Etsy
Just like that – and with a healthy budget of Muggle money too, of course – you can put together a beautiful Harry Potter bedroom that rivals the Gryffindor dorm.
Are there any Harry Potter bedroom items I missed? Which of those throw pillows or lamps do you most want? Let me know in the comments!