Whether you’re the maid of honor, a bridesmaid, or the bride herself, you don’t need Veritaserum to know one truth about the bachelorette party you’re planning: it has to be Harry Potter themed!
Everything about weddings can be magical, and that includes the bachelorette party where the bride shares a fun night or weekend away with her closest friends for a final night of freedom before she makes her Unbreakable Vow.
I’m personally planning my own wedding right now, and have officially decided I need to have a Harry Potter bachelorette party – time to send this post to my Maid of Honor so she has everything she needs to make it happen.
Below you’ll find everything you need to plan a Harry Potter-themed bachelorette party or Harry Potter hen party, and plenty of options to make sure the bride feels like she’s just won the Daily Prophet Prize Grand Prize Draw of friendship, support, and love.
Featured photo courtesy of ShadesofPinkBtq on Etsy
Harry Potter Bachelorette Party Decorations
When it comes to setting a magical scene for the bride and crew, decorations are key. There are tons of Harry Potter bachelorette party decorations available on Etsy which you can get personalized for the bride’s name, her house, and more. Here are some of my favorites:
- One of my favorite themes in all of the Harry Potter bachelorette goodies I found is the “Muggle to Mrs” theme. This banner says exactly that with matching lightning bolts!
- Another banner option focuses on the “Unbreakable Vow” the bride and groom are about to make. I absolutely love it!
- If you’re looking for more adult decorations, this banner and tassel combo has lots of um… adult shaped decorations involved and can be personalized to the bride’s house colors.
- Similarly, this banner and tassel combo is NSFW or kids, but it’s great if the bride is a die-hard Slytherin.
- If you’d rather have balloons (or balloons and a banner), this ring plus “Muggle to Mrs” balloon set is perfect for the bachelorette party.
What to Wear for a Harry Potter Bachelorette
Bachelorette parties are a great chance to make everyone dress up and get out on the town. To make the most of it, here are some of the fun things everyone in the group can wear.
Harry Potter Bachelorette Party Tees & Tanks
Is it really a bachelorette party if the whole crew isn’t wearing matching shirts at least once?? Bachelorette party tees and tank tops are big business – and there are some cute options worth spending your galleons on:
- This set of tank tops has a number of different shirts that all match in Gryffindor colors.
- This tank top set has even more options for quotes and colors – it’s my favorite option if you’re headed somewhere warm for the bachelorette party.
- These tees are a little more subdued, in a good way; they list the titles of anyone in the bridal party rather than clever magical phrases.
- This set of tank tops works for the entire bridal party – including the family, groom, and groomsmen!
Bridal Sashes for a Harry Potter Bachelorette Party
While the whole bride squad might be in matching tees or tanks, the bride herself should get a little something extra. No, it’s not the Ravenclaw Diadem; the bride needs a special sash!
- This “I Found my Keeper” sash (above) is my favorite by far; it’s classy and a little bit subtle for non-HP fans.
- If the whole bachelorette party is doing a “Muggle to Mrs” theme, this sash with the phrase is the perfect one for the bride.
- If you want something a bit more on-the-nose, there are lots of options from different sellers for a “Bride to Be” sash with the symbol of the Deathly Hallows and Hogwarts crest.
Other Magical Accessories for the Bachelorette Party
There are some other fun odds and ends that you might want to buy for the whole bridal group, too:
- Temporary tattoos are a fun way to mark the whole squad at all times.
- Depending on the activities you have planned, everyone in the group should have a magic wand!
- For sunny HP bachelorette party destinations, these flashy sunglasses will keep everyone looking cool.
- Personalized bags for the whole group are a great way to present all of these goodies (shirts/tanks and other accessories) to each of the attendees.
- If you’re planning to imbibe a few adult potions during the bachelorette party, having a hangover kit for each guest is a great way to help everyone feel like they’ve had Felix Felicis after the night before.
One last suggestion if it fits in the group budget: these beautiful Harry Potter rings from Alex & Ani are a nice gift for each guest to remind them of the magical weekend together.
Enchanting Games to Play at a Harry Potter Bachelorette
You’ll need some fun activities to play during the bachelorette party, so here are a few options:
- Beer Pong Quidditch is a must-do if everyone’s drinking. You can make a set of quidditch hoops in advance, and play with a bunch of different rules to take this standard drinking game to the next level.
- There are some standard silly games to play together at bachelorette parties (and bridal showers); this printable game pack has them all.
- Similarly, you might want to play a card game to break the ice for a group that might not know each other (even though everyone knows the bride). This printable card set is made as a drinking game but has lots of fun questions.
What to Eat & Drink at a Harry Potter Bachelorette
Last but not least, it’s important to consider what magically delicious foods and drinks you might want to have at this Harry Potter bachelorette party. Here are some suggestions:
- If you’re serving cupcakes or some other sweet treat, these cupcake toppers are NSFW but definitely on-theme if you’re doing that! Here’s another option.
- There are loads of great drinks to make. I’ve already got recipes here for Butterbeer (which you can make with or without alcohol), Felix Felicis (which you can add to other drinks), Ogden’s Old Firewhisky, and the Draught of Peace. I have other magical drinks to choose from on this page too.
- I found fun recipes for Butterbeer jello shots and Chocolate Frog jello shots too – you can make them in advance and summon them once the party starts!
- If you’re drinking muggle drinks from a can, these koozies are a great option.
- Another fun drink is Polyjuice Potion, which you can potentially pour into these highly appropriate flasks.
- No matter what food and drink you have, these paper plates, cups, and napkins are perfect for the whole party.
With that, you’re all set. You have all the essentials necessary to throw and epic, enchanting Harry Potter bachelorette party! Have questions? Let me know in the comments below.